Life-Skills Development Programme for Young Women.
Up till now, there has been little effort to bring young African women together, to achieve specific goals. Every country in the continent seeks to achieve their own set of goals and objectives on their own. The African Women in Leadership Organization seeks to address this, by bringing young women in Africa together and in the process, inculcate great leadership qualities in them, and invest positively in the growth and development of the continent.
The goals of this project include:
- To build a strong network of young women who are capable of being virtuous women, by ensuring that they acquire the required skills and influence others in their community, towards the much needed development, affirmative action and unified achievement of the individual and collective goals initiated by AWLO.
- To provide comprehensive and factual information on adolescent reproductive health, HIV/AIDS and other life-building skills that will enable young people to make informed and responsible choices for holistic living.
- To extend our tentacles to the world and have a “virtual community” with a life of its own.
- To enable participants acquire life skills such as assertiveness, decision making, and negotiation skills for delay initiation and effectively abstain from sexual activity.
- To encourage African women leaders to become pace setters and role models to other women around the world, by leading an Internet revolution as never seen before.
- To encourage those who are trained to train others and create a strong network of women not only in Africa, but across the world.
- To create a better rapport and exchange of values between young women in Africa.
- To facilitate better communication between African women leaders and those they lead and in the process, create a common room for information flow and feedback analysis.
- To develop self-knowledge of participants for organizing themselves as leaders.
- To facilitate the attainment of personal risk-perception among participants of the negative consequences of social vices such as substance abuse, prostitution, etc.
- To build a stronger network between African women, by facilitating the exchange of ideas, culture and values.
- To lead to an ultimate goal of developing Africa, through team work amongst countries and facilitate the growth and development of each country through support from women from other countries in the continent.
Pride of Africa
Pride of Africa is a ground breaking programme that focuses specifically on African women leaders in all strata of society.
The Pride of Africa programme, which we plan to air on the Africa Magic channel - the most watched channel in Africa - is designed to show women leaders in a whole new light by not only focusing on their professional achievements. It takes a look at the woman behind the achievement.
It is a fact that very few people actually know the person behind the headlines and this programme aims to show that in a most positive manner.